Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Beginning of the adventure

Right now I’m researching and trying to figure out the topic for my documentary. I want the documentary to present all sides of the issue from the fans, employees, players and owners. My plan is to use the off season to read a few books and contact various baseball teams in North Carolina. Depending on my topic, I will contact professional teams as well. 
Currently, I am reading Shane Victorino’s book about his journey from Hawaii to roaming centerfield for the Philadelphia Phillies. 
My next book is Bill White’s autobiography. I am excited to read his story and the obstacles that he faced to become successful. 
I am passionate about baseball and viewing the game from a purist perspective. I believe that baseball is ingrained in American culture and there is something special about the game. The speed, the intensity, the fans, the issues, the strategy, playing every day and viewing the players as ordinary people following their passion. I want to investigate how social issues and history have impacted baseball and how it is connected to today. 
I’m going to end each post with a quote… it might be funny or serious and doesn’t necessarily connect to my documentary. 
“People ask me what I do in the winter when there’s no baseball. I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.”- Rogers Hornsby

No comments:

Post a Comment